Wednesday 6 March 2013

Soaking up the Sun ~ Pelabuhan Ratu Part 2

01 - 03 March - Pelabuhan Ratu, Indonesia

     After dropping our things off at the room, we went back out. This time we decided to sit down by our pool with our books and read. The sun was soooo hot, we were sweating in no time at all. It didn't take us long to want to go down to the water and cool off. After Lynsey and Nicole came back from the water, Danna and I decided to head down to the beach. Of course, she found a place to rent a boogie board, so she wanted to do it. I went out with her so that she wouldn't be alone in the water. She only paid about $1.50 to rent it for 30 min! So cheap! I just stood in the waves and enjoyed the nice cool water. 
     We decided we had better go and get some lunch. After looking at the time we had no idea that it was already 3:00 pm! We had been out in the sun all day long. We headed in to get some lunch. I tried ordering from the Western menu again and got some Med Terranean chicken (as it was called on the menu). The lady brought out our food and there was a small, whole chicken sitting on my plate. I couldn't believe how much food it was, but it looked delicious. It definitely was. I at all of it! The sauce to dip it in was amazing. 
     At this time the owner of the hotel actually came by. His name is Ron and he is from Canada. We had contacted him about staying at the resort before we went. It was nice to meet him. He had lots of stories to tell us about how he came to live there and about other guests that he has had at the hotel. He invited us to karaoke later in the evening. He said he had better see us there and that it would start whenever we wanted it to. Haha. 
     After lunch, we decided to take a walk down the other side of the beach. It was the late afternoon and it was starting to cool down, so of course all of the locals were out now. Before, there had been no one on the beach, because they don't like to be out in the sun. They don't want to be tan like we do. Haha, so funny, but true. There were a couple of groups of boys playing soccer on the beach, and a lot of people in the water cooling off. 
     We walked up onto the street, and of course, got a lot of stares from the locals as we walked by. Americans get stared at everywhere they go. I guess because we stand out. Well, everyone else stands out a little more than I do. I get mistaken for a local all of the time, or at least someone who can speak the language. I don't look American so therefore I speak Bahasa Indonesia...Haha, NOT! 
     Ron had been telling us about some green stairs, and we found them. As you walked up the hill, you came to a spot where you had to pay. It was only $0.10 to go on the little tour. We didn't know what it was, but it seemed worth it. The man spoke English and took us along a path. We came to some stairs that lead down to the meditation chair. There was a very nice view of the beach from there. 




     As we walked farther down there were big rock formations that you could walk onto in the ocean. They had built a bridge across a couple of the rocks so that you could walk across, but there was no way that I was going to cross it. I am afraid of Indonesian made things. Haha. The bus way bridges that they made here are made out of thin sheets of metal. I don't think so! I walked across one once, and it scared me to death. I would rather take my chances crossing the street with the traffic. Anyway, I decided not to walk across the bridge, but the other girls did. I walked around on the other side while waiting for them to come back. 




Lynsey found her own mediation chair :) 

The bamboo bridge that I would not walk on
     We walked down and made our way back along the beach. We decided to stop at the local Indomaret and have a Magnum Ice Cream bar before dinner. Haha, dessert before dinner. We met up with Eduardo on the beach and again, had lots of stares from the people along the road watching us walk back to our hotel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment