Friday 6 December 2013

The End is Near!

     Hey everyone! Sorry that I have not posted for awhile. I guess I have either been super busy or super lazy. Haha. When I am not at school I am usually out watching a movie and eating delicious movie theatre popcorn or sitting at home on my butt relaxing.
     Last week was Thanksgiving and I was quite sad to be reading all of the posts on facebook about people having the holiday off, going Black Friday shopping, and most of all, spending time with family. Those are the times when I really miss my family and my friends. I have made a "family" here in Jakarta but it's just not the same, you know?
     Luckily, my BBS family and I went out last Saturday to celebrate Thanksgiving at the Four Seasons Hotel. This is a 5-star fancy hotel that serves a delicious Thanksgiving buffet every year (also with free flow wine and champagne to go along with it). One of my favourite foods of the spread was probably the cheese. That's how you know I am from Wisconsin right there. They just don't have good cheese here. Well, they do, but I don't really feel like paying $12 for a block of good cheese. Otherwise, if you buy sliced cheese, it doesn't melt. I don't really know what it is made out of and I probably don't want to know. I don't tend to eat cheese very often here. I really enjoyed my time with the KJ & PIK campus teachers. There was a lot of talking and laughing, of course. It was just two bad that the two campuses couldn't sit together. They didn't have a table big enough for all of us.
     We started our testing with the kids on Monday so the semester is really coming to an end very soon. I mean, in 15 days I will be leaving on a plane to fly to America for the holidays. I am very excited and I can't wait to see everyone. We had to mark the compositions today that the students wrote and it seemed to take forever as usual. I marked one full class and half of another, so probably about 45 scripts. It took me about 3 hours to do all of them. Then we have to mark the other half next Wednesday as we do double marking for our compositions.
     We will finish up our testing this next week and have one week for results processing and parent teacher conferences. I already hinted to my kids that they shouldn't give me food because I will never eat all of it before I go home. Last year I was given so much food and I had to either throw it out or give most of it away.
     Well, I don't really have much else to tell all of you about. I am going to another one of the Thousand Islands this weekend so I can blog about that and post some pictures when I get back. I hope that everyone has a great Friday and also a great weekend! I will be home from December 22nd - January 10th so I will be seeing all of you Wisconsinites soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment